Thursday, June 7, 2012

A rare occasion...

Here I am again...9 months later.  The time it takes to grow & deliver a baby.  Have I grown and delivered anything?  Or am I still in gestation?  First trimester?  Second?  Ready to push?  Some days sort of feel like the pushing thing.  Ready to go but the doctor isn't here yet and the nurse is not wanting to deliver on her own.  Maybe it has to do with the weather.  It has taken a long time to summer up and this week is nothing like summer.  Or maybe it is the routine of days.  Or maybe it is this new phase of life...I have no idea if it is really hot or cold in the room.  One minute it feels fine, the next I am "glowing", and the next I am putting on my jacket because I am freezing.  And I am getting a good workout in my arm muscles as I throw the covers off & on throughout the night hours.  I DO NOT miss the monthly routine so this seems like an OK tradeoff but I thought to myself the other day "It could be a loooooong summer".  But no complaining, I have waited for summer since Feb. 1.  My friend asked me if I had to take anything and I said no and she said what about the mood swings and I laughed because I realized I am not suffering from that particular malady.  I had them worse one day every month before.  JOY!!

It sort of seems to go with the theme of the Beth Moore conference we recently attended:
...throw of everything that hinders us and run the race...
she said, You cannot live your life unhurt, but you can live your life unhindered.
I like that.  And it seems like a standard to measure against when life circumstances come my way.  It seems like Jesus.  He was hurt.  But I do believe he was unhindered.  Can I be like that?  The word assures me I can.  Be like Jesus.  Really the only thing worth doing. 

What do you think?

No comments: