Thursday, November 13, 2008

a few minutes.....

I am waiting for the girls basketball game to start so I can take some pictures for the yearbook. Yes, I am in charge of that for the 2nd year and am still learning InDesign, PhotoShop etc. It was more or less put on my plate last year and I didn't have a clue. I did learn a little bit so I decided that rather than have the stress year be in vain, I would actually take what I learned and apply it to this year's publication and maybe try to enjoy it a bit more and possibly teach the kids a thing or two. They seem to be doing well this year and I don't have the super clickers and deleters that I had last year. It is a creative outlet and I have been able to use my newfound knowledge to enhance the rest of the staff's enjoyment of being employed here. Last year we did a flat principal and flat vice-principal contest, secretly, with the staff on spring break. I snapped the pictures of the victims, whited out the background using the magic lasso tool, and then printed them on cardstock and gave a pair to each staff member. It was a hoot to see the situations they were placed in for the photo contest. Buried in the sand in Hawaii, laying on the bathroom floor of the cruise ship with an empty bottle of tequila, swimming in the Carribean and posing with grandchildren. We figured out we need to have fun around here or we may all go nuts. This year we have started with a guess who has this hairdo contest. Staff bring a picture of themselves with a "favorite" hairdo, I photoshop out their face and then we guess who it is based on the do. It has been great fun, especially when they were trying to guess the bald principal's picture with a full head of curly hair :) Must go photograph now......Happy Friday......

No comments: