Friday, October 15, 2010

thoughts.....

It's Friday. The middle, did you hear me, the middle of October. Fall in the air & the end of another year in sight. I'm starting to hunker down with my blankie--hibernating until the sun returns. I fix dinner all summer at 8 or 9 pm & don't even think a thing about it. I made dinner 2 nights ago @ 7:30 and apologized for serving it so late and then I looked at the clock and said Oh! not late just dark. I am puttering and turning inward as the light wanes--when the time changes I will think it is bedtime by 6:30. Making pots of chili and pans of roasted veggies which are a welcome change from salads although by March I will be craving that fresh asparagus & farmer's market bounty.

I love the seasons and always think that I wouldn't want to live where the sun shines every day. I was disappointed actually when the weather forecast for the week didn't show any rain. But, to everything there is a season and so I will be content and thankful in the day and what it brings.

Three books--Christian Atheist, Radical & Forgotten God--read, read & reading which mess with my contentment and another I just bought because I like the title--Crave--& the cover & the chapter in the middle of the book begins with the line "I don't like people". So, must read and ponder.

A beautiful weekend looms--71 degrees, fall colors, no plans other than packing up the flip flops for another season, sewing a stitch or two, and enjoying a cool sunset. Next week will begin with saying goodbye to a beloved lady, mentor, & friend and so with that perspective I think I will enjoy the gift of each day.

Be blessed today.

No comments: