Monday, May 16, 2011

A short post...

It has been forever but so much has been happening...no, not true, well, yes true, but the real truth is winter---major hibernation---and like the earth itself I am awakening. Wow, really corny. Or I was awakening until the weather decided to regress and it is gloomy & rainy & my body is saying go home, snuggle under a quilt, sew a stitch, drink a tea, hunker down. Since January we have had so few days of sun & slight warmth that I think it will never get here. But there are flowers & blooms & buds & green fields that says it will arrive and there is hope for those days of warmth. And I have taken advantage--chomping on strawberries, grilling burgers and asparagus coated in olive oil, making my new fav Cowboy Caviar (I love chipping & dipping), pasta salad, potato salad, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I like food and what I love about the summer is there is much less a craving for sugar which I have had way too much of this winter. So, time to cut back, re-evaluate, savor the days and look for the designer in each one. And pray. For those in distress over rising water, for friends battling physically and emotionally, for family struggling thru uncertain times and transistions. So grateful for the ever-present help in times of trouble, joy unspeakable and a love that brings peace beyond understanding. Be blessed today.

No comments: